Pages

Sunday 13 July 2014

End of Week 7...

This week on placement I continued working between the out-patient rehab unit and the in-patient ward. I also took part in out-patient medicine administration. This was an interesting experience to compare this service to ones at home. Unlike at home, the healthcare system no longer uses Kardex's or written notes as all record keeping is done one the computer on a shared system. I find this to be a far more efficient method of storing records as everything is on a central system and locating previous notes is incredibly easy.

On Friday afternoon I also had the opportunity to visit a supported accommodation unit. This supported accommodoation was relatively new so everything was of very high spec. Every person's room reflected their personal interests and character. It was very person-centred and really interesting to see.

On Friday night I spent time with Helena as the weather has been so good here! and we went to a bar in the city centre. On Saturday I spent most of the day relaxing and sunbathing and on Saturday night I visited the lake again.

Week 8 begins tomorrow and this week I am going to visit Stockholm!

Julie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment