Pages

Monday 28 July 2014

End of Week 9...

Week 9 in Umeå was another really enjoyable one! I continued with my own patients and was given the responsibility of some more challenging situations which were brilliant learning experiences. The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous, sunny, clear skies and temperatures of up to 32 degrees.

I feel as though my therapeutic relationships with service users are really coming along as well as my relationships with other team members - nurses and MDT members which is making this an even more enjoyable working experience.

I have also been involved in some admin which is done here to ensure patient safety and quality control which has been really interesting. I have picked up some good practice which exists here which I am very keen to bring home with me to Scotland and share with colleagues.

At the weekend I spent time in the sun as well as spending time with a friend who is a psychology student here, which again is a great opportunity to find out more about the Swedish healthcare system in an informal way. 

On Sunday Helena and I went to the beach to go swimming which was amazing! swimming in the sea surrounded by forest and trees. I am continuously getting the chance to do new things and live typically "Swedish".

This week my friend, Emma is coming to visit which I am very excited for. Today we also arranged for me to spend a day next week at the methadone clinic here, I have had short experience of the way this works in Scotland, so again I am interested to compare the two.

Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment