Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

End of Week 12...

I now only have one week left in the most beautiful place in the world!

This week I have been working closely with the social work team to understand the work they do here which has been really enjoyable. Their roles and responsibilities are very similar to that of social workers at home. What really impressed me though was the clear and effective communication between social workers and other relevant agencies such as supported living and Försäkringskassan (job centre plus).

I also worked with another nurse continuing with medicine preparation and administration. I also attended a few home visits, one to a supported living for young people which was again, really interesting. We also visited a kind of "youth centre" for young people along with a patient who was interested in their activities. The staff there were really friendly and provided a lot of information about the activities available, most of which were completely free and this is located in the city centre.

I also visited "Teg" which again, is a community based care team but it is set in a very large house in a residential area. Here, they work mainly with people with a diagnosis of a personality disorder. Some of their service-users live in the home for a period of time for consistent support and this is very person-centred, each person has their own bedroom, decorated to their tastes. They also share the responsibility of the running of the house and get involved in outings or group activitites as well as group therapy and individual therapy. This appeared to be very much an "open house" those who had previously lived here and were now well enough to live independently often return to "fika" or for a chat if need be. It was so enjoyable to see such a forward-thinking, recovery-focussed model of care.

I now have only one wee left here and I feel heartbroken about that.

I will post my final blog post next week. 

Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment